FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling) 3D printing uses production-grade thermoplastics to create strong, durable and stable parts with great accuracy and high repeatability. FDM parts are used for design verification and low-cost prototyping with fast turnaround times.
FDM 3D Printing – Thermoplastic Rapid Prototyping
Benefits of FDM Technology:
- FDM Technology is clean and okay to use in office
- FDM Technology uses tried and tested thermoplastics which are used in traditional manufacturing
- FDM plastics can deliver for applications that require tight tolerances, toughness and environmental stability.
- FDM thermoplastics deliver when specialized properties such as electrostatic dissipation, translucence, biocompatibility, VO flammability, or FST ratings are needed.
- FDM technologies allows for complex geometries, cavities and patterns that are traditionally difficult to produce to become practical.
Available FDM PLA Materials:
- Standard PLA – PLA (FDM) is used for low-cost, non-functional prototyping. Offers greater detail than ABS, but is more brittle. Unsuitable for high temperature applications.
- Woodfill PLA – Woodfill PLA (FDM) contains wood, bamboo, or cork-based pulverized material, resulting in FDM parts with a unique wood-like appearance.
- Metalfill PLA – Metalfill PLA (FDM) contains steel, copper, bronze or other metal particles that give parts a metallic surface finish and unique properties.
Get Started Today
Upload your design file and begin customizing online.